If you want your dishes to come out sparkling clean, then it’s important to clean your dishwasher on a regular basis. This will ensure that it lasts as long as possible and that dishes are adequately cleaned. Try these 5 tips for cleaning your dishwasher and bathroom sink the easy way:
What You Will Need:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup baking soda
Distilled white vinegar
2 x clean washcloths or rags for cleaning the soap dispenser and inside the door.
- Pour 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar into an empty dishwasher detergent dispenser or compartment
- Run the empty dishwasher through a cycle with just water
- Remove the drain hose and pour 1 cup of baking soda down it.
- Repeat step 2 using the baking soda filled detergent compartment or dispenser
- Boil a pot of water on the stove, once boiling remove from heat and add 1/4 cup white vinegar, then pour down inside your drain hose (through each tap hole in turn)
- After pouring the hot vinegar through your sink, pour 1 cup of white vinegar down the drain, turn on hot water and let run for a few minutes to flush it out
- Boil a pot of water on the stove, once boiling remove from heat and add 1/4 cup baking soda, then pour down inside your drain hose (through each tap hole in turn)
- After pouring the hot soda through your sink, pour 1 cup of distilled white vinegar down the drain, turn on hot water and let run for a few minutes to flush it out
- Repeat Step 6 and 7 until the solution is fully cleared.
Why do I need to clean my dishwasher?
Over time, food particles can clog up the drain and spray arms. The clogs reduce the amount of water circulating during the wash and rinse cycles. Eventually, they can lead to an unbalanced wash cycle or no cleaning at all.
What Are The Benefits of a Clean Dishwasher?
1/ Cleaner Dishes
2/ Longer Lasting Dishwasher
3/ More Efficient Washing Machine
4/ Better Smelling Food is Dishes are Clean.
It’s easier than most people think, and the benefits are substantial. It will last you years, and your dishes will still look new.
How often should I clean my dishwasher?
It is recommended to clean it at least every three to six months, but if you find that it smells or doesn’t clean well, then you should do it more often. You can do this by just running the dishwasher as if you were going to run a full load, without any dishes in it. This will open up all of the holes in the dishwasher, and allow it to dry out. Once a year you should also take out your filter and clean it. You can purchase special cleaners for it at home improvement stores.
If you feel that your dishwasher isn’t working properly, you should check that everything has a proper place. The center drain hose should be snugly placed in the bottom of the dishwasher. No water should leak outside it during the wash cycle. The water supply line to the dishwasher should be tight and connected properly to prevent leaks. The dishwasher’s electrical outlet device should be plugged in properly and reasonably close to a working outlet. Also, don’t forget to call your local plumber. If you live in the Daly City area, we at Plumbers in Daly City would be happy to help you out!